Thursday, November 6, 2008

Comic Book Day Finally Arrives!

A day late, comic book day finally arrived for ol' Chuck - so here's what I picked up:

- Adventure Comics Special #1 - Which continues the excellent "New Krypton" story.

- Anita Blake: The Laughing Corpse #2 (of 5) - I picked up the first one, so I figured I should see it to the end.

- Grant Morrison's Doctor Who #2 - Enjoyed the first issue, and this looks like more of the same.

- The Invincible Iron Man #7 - This has also been good, and this issue guest stars Spider-Man. Which should be interesting, since they're not exactly pals over in The Avengers.

- Iron Man: The End #1 (One Shot) - Michelinie and Layton back on task - should be good!

- Justice Society of America #20 - Earth-1 and Earth-2 heroes duke it out! Say what?

- Kull #1 - More Robert E. Howard goodness!

- Sandman: The Dream Hunters #1 - Neil Gaiman and Craig Russell together again!

- Amazing Spider-Man #576 - Since when is Hammerhead a serious threat?

- Terra #1 (of 4) - Worth it just for Amanda Conner's art.

- Top 10: Season Two #2 - Loved the first issue, hoping for more of the same here.

- Trinity #23 - Almost to the halfway point.

- Ultimatum #1 (of 5) - The end is near! And whose hammer is that on the last page?

That's it for today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Storming Paradise? Issue 4 was out this week. I don't know when it came out, but this week is when I was at the shop.

Chuck said...

Dang it! If it was there, I missed it. I'll try to run by again and track it down.

Anonymous said...

You could call the shop and see if they have it. That way, you can be sure you'll bet all 4 issues.

Chuck said...

It's close by - I'll just drop in and see if they have it. Always glad for an excuse to stop by the comics shop!