Saturday, October 24, 2009

Archie #602

So here we have the third issue (of six) of the story of what might happen to Archie in the future.

By taking the path to the left on Memory Lane, we've seen what would happen if Archie and Veronica got married.

I have to admit that I was surprised at the amount of ground covered so far. Since it's a six-issue story, I assumed most of the series would be taken up with the wedding - but instead they've moved past that and into married life and all the stuff that follows the wedding (or at least all the stuff they can show in the pages of an Archie comic).

I prefer not to give away too much info, but news stories have shown how they're going to fill out the next three issues, as we find out what happens when Archie takes the right path (so to speak).

So far, I have to say I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed this story. For an "imaginary" story, it's been a more-or-less straight look at what the future might hold for Archie, if it were ever allowed to happen.

With this issue the whole thing leans a little too much on sitcom-style humor, but it's all in good fun. And I must admit, I'm anxious to see how the alternate storyline plays out.

It's been a long time since this comic was on my must-buy list, and I've been enjoying my own visit to Memory Lane.

Grade: A-

No comments: