Monday, January 28, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #24

So I was at the comics shop and several guys there were laughing at this cover of Wolverine and the X-Men.

They weren't surprised by the cover - one even made the odious joke that Storm was the X-Men's "bike" (in other words, everyone gets a ride).

I stood there wondering: is that true?

I admit that over the long and winding road of X-Men continuity, Storm has no doubt had a few relationships - I remember one with Forge, and there's her recent marriage (and sadly, divorce) from the Black Panther.

But other than a date or two, I don't remember any other lasting or serious relationships, and certainly I have no memory of her sleeping around casually.

So that brings us to this "true love" issue, focusing on a assortment of relationships, none of which seem to be going well.

It's a fun, lighthearted issue (for the most part), but the final scenes with Storm and Wolverine (on which the cover is based) seem totally out of character. Perhaps there are some plot twists that will sort it out.

One can only hope.

Grade: B+

---------------


No comments: