Monday, March 24, 2014

Wonder Woman #29

   Apparently the "Battle of the Gods" storyline that has dominated the Wonder Woman title since the beginning of the "New 52" is coming to an end soon.

    I'm all for it, although I've enjoyed the series written by Brian Azzarello. But after almost two-and-a-half years, it's time for some closure.

   The story so far: the powerhouse known only as First Born has taken control of Olympus, and the surviving gods will be lucky to escape with their lives.

   It all sets up a final showdown - and may force Diana to accept her destiny as the once and future God of War.

   The art is by Cliff Chiang, and it's terrific, loaded with power and and intense emotional content - I'm anxious to see what he tackles next.

   To say much more would give away too much, so I'll just place my usual reminder that this series is not for young readers at all, and that I'm anxious to see how it all ties together.

Grade: A-

-----------------------
 
 

No comments: