Thursday, September 22, 2016

Justice League #5

   This issue mercifully brings an end to the storyline, "The Extinction Machine."

   I say mercifully because I've seen each issue in the series and I'm still not sure what was going on here.

   Maybe the problem is me. Stories like this make me think, "Maybe I'm not smart enough to appreciate this one."

   (Then I think, "Nah, that's not it.")

   It follows the Justice League as they confront numerous menaces to the world - including several deep below the surface of the Earth, zooming in from deep space, stealing powers from heroes, and (for some reason) Aquaman is placing crystals at different locations.

   It all involves some kind of threat that promises to destroy the world. But it the menace from outside our world - from within - or on the surface?

   If you spot the answer in this issue, let me know, because it's all very vague and science-fictiony but it never manages to tell the story in a clear fashion.

   Here's hoping the next storyline makes sense.

Grade: B-

------------------

No comments: