Thursday, October 12, 2017

Dark Nights Metal #3

   I was planning to skip this Dark Nights Metal mini-series.

   The whole "Dark Multiverse" / Heavy Metal thing just looked too dark for my (admittedly middle-of-the-road) tastes.

   But curiosity got the best of me, so I picked it up - and now I regret it.

   That's because it's become exactly what I expected: dark, depressing, placing the DC Universe in the throes of a terrible, dystopian existence that promises lots of death and destruction along the way.

   This issue actually focuses on Superman, so you'd think it would be a bit more uplifting - but no, it never really rises out of the muck.

   The art and story are skillful and disturbing, and if you like this sort of thing more than I do, here it is.

Grade: C+

-------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. It's pff my list. Meh....